Green Bean and Basil Salad
1 1/2 lbs green beans, topped and tailed
and cut into 1 1/2
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar (I prefer a mix of
red wine and balsamic)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced finely (or pressed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 scallions, chopped
1. Steam the green beans for about 10 minutes,
2. You can also cook them in the microwave
for about 4 minutes.
3. Set aside in a bowl.
4. Whisk together the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
5. Pour this over the green beans.
6. Add the scallions and toss gently.
7. Cover and place in the fridge until cold.
8. The flavor really intensifies if you let the
salad chill for 24 hours.