* 3 tablespoons Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
* 2 cups frozen cut okra
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 (12-ounce) package frozen
shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp, rinsed
* 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular
long-grain white rice
* 3 cups water
In small saucepan, combine flour and oil;
Cook, stirring constantly, over
medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium;
cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes
or until mixture turns reddish brown.
Place flour-oil mixture in
3 1/2 to 4 quart Slow Cooker.
Stir in all remaining ingredients
except shrimp, rice and water.
Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours.
When ready to serve,
cook rice in water as directed on package.
Meanwhile, add shrimp to gumbo mixture
in slow cooker/Crock Pot; mix well.
Cover; cook on low setting
for additional 20 minutes.
Serve gumbo over rice.
Makes 6 servings.