CINNAMON-APPLE BREAD PUDDING
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 apples, cored peeled, and chopped
* 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
* 2 large eggs
* 12 oz can evaporated milk
* 3/4 cup apple juice
* 2 1/2 cups French bread torn in 1/2 to 1- inch pieces
Melt butter in bottom of a 1 1/2 to 2- quart casserole
or souffle dish which will fit in the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
Add apples. Whisk eggs, milk, and apple juice together;
mix in remainder of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
and the bread pieces.
Place a trivet or aluminum foil ring
in the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
Pour 3/4 cup hot water into the the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
Place the casserole dish on the ring in the slow
Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours,
until knife inserted comes out clean.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
or sweetened whipped cream.