1 box yellow cake mix
1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (fat free is ok)
1 - 8 oz. tub cool whip
1/2 bag Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce
NOTE: MAKE ACCORDING TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT MAKE CAKE AS DIRECTED ON BOX
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix
and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish,
and bake at 350,
according to the directions on the cake mix box
(approx 23-28 mins).
3. Remove cake from oven and let cool
for about 10 minutes after baking.
4. Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes
all over the top of the cake.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake.
This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake.
Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top.
(note: if you want it less sweet you can use less of the jar)
8. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight