Thai Cucumber Salad
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2-1 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
1 seedless cucumber
1 small red bell pepper
1 medium carrot
1/2 small red onions
1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Whisk the first 7 ingredients
(lime juice through jalapeno) in a
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Trim the ends from the cucumber.
4. Split lengthwise in half.
5. Slice very thinly.
6. Toss into the dressing.
7. Halve the red pepper vertically,
core and remove seeds and white
8. Slice the pepper, horizontally,
into very thin strips.
9. Add to the dressing and toss.
10. Peel the carrot and trim off ends.
11 .Slice diagonally into very thin slices.
12. Add to the rest of the salad.
13. Peel the onion and cut in half horizontally
14. Then slice vertically into very thin strips.
15. Add these to the bowl
and toss everything together until well
16.Set aside for at least one hour,
(this can be
marinated for up to 8 hours,
but refrigerate if marinating
than 2 hours).